Welcome to Working Writers!
Thanks for visiting Working Writers! I started this blog as a way to share information, support each other, and make the most of our writing journey. After several years we have hundreds of posts here, so here’s how to find what you need.
Interviews or Promotion
This is the most popular feature of Working Writers. We’ve done hundreds of writer interviews, so if you’re interested in promoting yourself, your books, or other writing here, feel free. Here’s more on how to do it:
The other reason this blog exists is to find some info on writing. You’ve come to the right place! We’ve got lots of it! Here’s help on finding your way around this joint.
- The Search Box – See that box that says “Find what you’re looking for?” It will help you narrow down the topic of your choice.
- Categories – While not ideal (because there are so many different posts now) the categories can help you narrow things down.
- Popular Posts – If you look to the right there’s a “popular posts” box that will tell you what others have found most interesting.
- Having backups in place
- Keeping motivated as a freelance writer
- Writing a letter of introduction
- Finding a writing group
- Ending a client relationship
- Virtual cube mate
- Applying for freelance jobs without clips
- Work at home misconceptions
- What to watch out for with job ads
- A round up of posts about rates
- How much do writers really learn?
- How much should you charge for blog posts?
- How to (really) find freelance writing and blogging jobs
- Benefits of working for a blog network
- Private sponsors for your blog
- Ways to come up with blog post ideas
- How to blog everyday
- 5 things Mad Men can teach you about publishing
- Your views on indie/self publishing
- How to start your own publishing company