With so many projects that have you constantly busy, keeping your desk clean at work or at home can seem like a huge chore. Maybe you have convinced yourself that the only way you like your desk is messy. However, when your desk is cleaned and organized, you will find that you are more productive. Instead of letting your desk stay messy and disorganized, take the time to organize your desk. You will do better at school and at work. Here are some tips to help you organize your desk.
1. Start with a clean desk. When you want to really organize your desk, you need to start with a clean desk. This means that you need to take everything off of your desk. This might take some time, but it will definitely be worth your time to clear off your desk. You’ll get to see your original desk, and see what you have to work with.
2. Start to throw away things you don’t need. You need to sort through all of the things that you have, and take inventory of what you have. Test all of your pens and pencils to see if they actually work. If they don’t, throw them out. It might be difficult to throw your things out, but you will be able to reduce the clutter if you do.
3. Put all of your frequently used items in close reach. One of the key things about organizing your desk is that you need to maximize it’s functionality. Realize what you use the most. Once you have determined the things that you use the most like pens, paper, paper clips, and whiteout, you can put them in the place that will be the most convenient for you.
4. Storage is key. The key to making sure that your desk stays clean, is being smart with the way that you store your things. Get pen holders, multi-level paper trays, and drawer dividers. These can help you keep your desk clean and clutter-free.
5. Keep your wires out of the way. To ensure that your desk is very clutter-free, make sure that your wires aren’t sticking out of weird places. Get all your wires in the same place, and organize them so they don’t get tangled.
6. Get rid of your post-it notes. Post-it notes are great to help you stay on top of things. But they are also the reason many of us have messy desks. Instead of writing something on a post-it, write it on an open binder so that you can see what you have to do.