While businesses and websites are striving hard to keep their website optimized for search engines, importance of social media in promotion of products and businesses is also increasing. With collective social media users in billions now, the platform provides a huge business opportunity for companies to connect with the customers and to find new clients.
Social Media Optimization that is also known as SMO is becoming more critical for businesses as the space is becoming more competitive. Today, almost every business has a social media presence that makes it more difficult to find your own space in already crowded social media space. This is where SMO is used to make your business more visible on all major social media platforms.
If you are looking to optimize you business or website on social media, make sure to follow few rules as listed below.
- Optimize For Multi-Channels. Many people believe that Facebook is the only social media platform that can bring more business and money, but it is nothing but a common misconception. While Facebook is among the most important social media platforms to promote your business, there are others that can also help you in earning more revenue. One of the fastest growing social media platforms is Pinterest while Twitter is also an effective platform. Make sure to put an option on your website to connect to every major social media website.
There are some software available in the market that allow customers to manage their social media accounts on different websites from one platform. Use of such applications or websites can save lot of time and efforts as people can update information to different social media sites at the same time.
- Content. Make sure to provide relevant and updated content on social media websites. If your website is based on keyword strategy, make sure to use the same keyword in the content you provide for social media accounts. Customers on social media are always looking for updates and new information, so make sure the content you provide is updated regularly.
- Link to Your Website. Social media platforms are also used to create back links or to drive traffic towards the original website. Some websites that find it difficult or too late to optimize their websites for search engines can use social media platforms to attract and drive traffic to main website. For example, you may find it easier to optimize the Facebook page of your business on search engines instead of your website. This allows you to optimize social media platforms that is more easy and then direct traffic to your main website.
- Make it more Dynamic. As compared to websites that are often static, social media platforms like Facebook are more dynamic. Businesses can easily promote dynamic content like videos, images, PDF files and animations. Pinterest is an effective way to update images about your products, services and business while YouTube is used to promote business videos. Similarly, Facebook is an effective platform to update everything like videos, images, content and animations altogether.
- Promotions. The number of followers of your social media account indicates your success. More followers mean more business and more traffic to your website. An effective way to increase followers is to promote discounts and other benefits for liking your business page. Rewards for followers can make more people to follow.
- Communicate. Social media is an effective tool to communicate with your customers and followers. Make sure to initiate discussions and respond to customer queries.
In current environment, Search engine optimization is not enough for the success of your website but social media optimization is also equally important. A successful social media strategy can result in more traffic, more business and increased profits.
Daniel Mathews is a representative of Hotelscan.com. Hotelscan.com helps to find the best hotels in New York.